So I have the right idea to losing weight as I’ve lost the kilos before and it worked, but of course the kilos always came back plus some more. I’ve tried Tony Ferguson, Weight Watchers, Jenny Craig, Light and Tasty, and the list goes on. This time I’m doing it on my own with a little help from inspiring people and my beautiful man pushing me all the way.
NEW YEAR, NEW ME!!!!
Before the new year I did alot of research on the internet on a healthy way to lose the weight but as my fiance always said “eat healthy, get rid of all the unhealthy foods from my diet, and get your ass moving!!”, and that’s what I’ll be striving to do!
Steps I’m taking to lose the weight:
- Food Diary: The best way to be honest with myself is to write everything I eat/drink down so I bought a 2013 diary that fits in my everyday bag. I also bought the latest 2012 Edition Calorie King’s Calorie, Fat and Carbohydrate Counter to count the calories that go into my body.
- Eat food from home: I’ve been taking lunch to work everyday and will continue to, to control what I put in my mouth and make a healthy choice. I also take healthy snacks with me for morning tea like nuts, dried fruit and whole fruits.
- Low-calorie Diet: Always choosing the healthy option (except for my cheat meal). Stick to fresh fruit and vegetables, refined whole grain bread, wraps, rice and pasta. Choose healthy protein including chicken breast, red meat with no fat, and omega 3 filled salmon and tuna. Low-fat dairy products and little to no sugar.
- Join a healthy diet plan: Michelle Bridge’s 12 Week Body Transformation. I’ve been wanting to join the 12WBT for a while because people have recommended it and I’ve seen quite a few successful stories. But I’ve always been a bit hesitant and Robert has always said to do it on my own. Look at where that has got me…..FAT! So this year I’m taking a dive and joined up for the first round that starts up on Monday February 11th 2013. I’ll see how it is for this round and make a decision on weather to continue with in.
- Join a gym: A couple of weeks before Christmas Rob and I joined up with Snap Fitness. We thought this would be a great idea because it was close to home and we could go together (and Rob can push me to go). It has a wide range of machines and weights for strength training. I also like that the other club is only a 10 minute drive down the road for all the cardio classes. I like the Boxing Class.
- Enlist a Personal Trainer: Rob’s gonna kill me for this but I enlisted with the gym for a personal trainer on a Wednesday mornings when he stays over at his mummy’s so it want interrupt him 🙂
- Stay Motivated: I’ve set mini-goals for myself which you can see in my previous post. I’ll also give myself non-food rewards like a manicure or pedicure, a massage or a trip to the movies when I meet my mini-goals. And also allow myself to have a treat now and then.
” The hardest part of any journey is taking the first step”